Contact Us For More Info!
10201 Colvin Run Road
PO Box 904
Great Falls, VA 22066
Call Us: (703) 759-2685
Colvin Run Dancers
December 2, 2020
We’ve missed you so much! We hope that all of you have been staying well and enjoying life as best you can during this pandemic. We would like nothing more than to announce that we are opening our dance hall, but in an abundance of caution related to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 concerns, the suspension of dancing and other social activities at Colvin Run Dance Hall continues.
We have continued with some additional maintenance activities during this shutdown. Board members, with major help from several Colvin Run volunteers, continue to work on several maintenance and capital improvement projects:
- Joe Manning removed the old linoleum flooring in the alcove and has overseen the project for the installation of solid oak flooring, which matches the oak dance floor.
- Bill Rosenbluth continues to remediate the electrical system, being assisted by our volunteers, Jim Herold and Pete Kuempel.
- The Board decided to remove the old, rusty non-functioning flagpole located at the front porch West side entrance steps and to replace it with a new flag and flagpole to be installed in a different location. Jim Herold volunteered to purchase a new flagpole and flag, along solar lights, since we wanted to fly our flag 24/7. Jim also dug the hole and poured the cement in which to place the flagpole. The exciting news is that we raised the flag on November 7, 2020. In typical Colvin Run tradition, after the flag was raised, we all sang God Bless America! Photographs of this event will be placed on our website soon.
We deeply appreciate all of you who have donated to help us with our ongoing monthly expenses. If you haven’t already donated, but would like to do so, there are many ways you can donate:
- PayPal: Click the PayPal link, https://www.PayPal.Me/ColvinRunDanceHall, to make a donation. Or, simply go to your PayPal account and send a donation directly to the Colvin Run Citizens Association.
- Donations by check: Make your check payable to Colvin Run Citizens Association, and mail it to CRCA, P.O. Box 904, Great Falls, Va. 22066.
- www.smile.amazon.com. Start your Amazon shopping with this link, designate Colvin Run Citizens Association as your charity, and 0.5% of your purchase will go to the Colvin Run Citizens Association. Every penny helps!
We are incredibly fortunate to have so many loyal supporters and we want to provide the best place for dancing in the metropolitan area. We wish you all the very best, and it will be music to our ears, when we can again come together as a community of dancers to share the joy of music, dancing and friendship at our Happy Place!
Until then, take good care and we wish a Happy, Healthy Holiday Season. We will keep you updated as our plans progress.
Colvin Run Citizens Association
Board of Directors
1st & 3rd Saturday Dances - Ballroom - Social Ballroom dances are held 1st & 3rd Saturdays preceded by a lesson. 1st Saturdays feature live music & 3rd Saturdays feature DJ music mix to include Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Rumba, Swing, Quickstep, Mambo, Samba, Viennese Waltz, Cha Cha & maybe a Polka.
1st Sunday Dance - Country & Swing Dance - Held 1st Sunday of each month featuring Dean Garrish teaching Basic and Intermediate Two Step and Country Swing, and a DJ music mix of your favorite country swing tunes.
2nd Saturday Dance
- Dance for Everyone - features a DJ music mix suitable for a wide variety of dance styles. Dance is preceded by a beginner and intermediate dance lesson in a different style of dance each month taught by various visiting guest instructors.
3rd Sunday Dance - This Dance features a one-hour lesson, taught by various guest instructors, and a DJ'd music mix for a variety of dance genres
4th Saturday Dance - Hustle/West Coast Swing - Held 4th Saturday of each month features a guest instructor teaching beginner and intermediate hustle, and a 50/50 DJ music mix of hustle and west coast swing.
5th Saturday Dance
-Tango- Blue Moon Milonga held 5th Saturday of the month.
Tuesday Dance for Everyone - Weekly dances featuring DJ music mix suitable for a wide variety of dance styles preceded by a Beginner & Inter. West Coast Swing lesson at 7:00pm. Dancing from 8:00pm to 10:30pm. Click on the calendar event for details.
Colvin Run Dance Hall is unique as it is the only landed dance venue in the Washington Metropolitan area. The Dance Hall has been maintained and preserved as an historical building since 1931. The interior is charming with its beadboard vaulted ceiling, special lighting creates a glowing ambience and the dance floor is the highest quality 1,850 sq. ft. oak.
We welcome people of all ages and all levels of dance. We provide dance instruction prior to all dances by professional, outstanding and fun instructors. So, no matter what your level of ability, this is the place for you! We invite you to come out and join the fun here at Colvin Run, where you will meet many warm and friendly people. Colvin Run Dance Hall is run by the Colvin Run Citizens Association, an IRS designated 501(c)(3) public charity. All donations are deductible in accordance with IRS rules and regulations.
Colvin Run Board of Directors
Great Falls | Colvin Run Dance Hall | 703-759-2685