We’ve missed you so much! We hope that all of you have been staying well and enjoying life as best you can during this pandemic. We would like nothing more than to announce that we are opening our dance hall, but in an abundance of caution related to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 concerns, the suspension of dancing and other social activities at Colvin Run Dance Hall continues. However, we haven’t been idle during this time!! Many maintenance activities have been ongoing during this shutdown. Board members, with major help from several Colvin Run volunteers, continue to work on maintenance and capital improvement projects:
1. Upgrading the Closed-Circuit TV System (CCTV) security cameras. New, higher quality cameras, new cabling which significantly enhances the quality of the images.
2. Upgrading various components of the electric power and lighting systems such as new receptacles, new light switches and a centralized light switching system as well as upgrading the exterior light fixtures and installing photocells to provide for energy saving automatic dusk to dawn lighting.
3. Volunteers who ‘love’ Colvin Run Dance Hall have been providing significant resources with their individual and unique talents as well as donations of time, materials, and their blood, sweat and tears. As you may have noticed from the photos previously posted on Facebook and our website (www.colvinrun.org/the-people/volunteers), the dance hall has received a whole new face lift!
We deeply appreciate all of you who have donated to help us with our ongoing monthly expenses. If you haven’t already donated, but would like to do so, there are many ways you can donate:
• PayPal: Click the PayPal link, https://www.PayPal.Me/ColvinRunDanceHall, to make a donation. Or, simply go to your PayPal account and send a donation directly to the Colvin Run Citizens Association.
• Donations by check: Make your check payable to Colvin Run Citizens Association, and mail it to CRCA, P.O. Box 904, Great Falls, Va. 22066.
• www.smile.amazon.com. Start your Amazon shopping with this link, designate Colvin Run Citizens Association as your charity, and 0.5% of your purchase will go to the Colvin Run Citizens Association. Every penny helps!
We are incredibly fortunate to have so many loyal supporters and we want to provide the best place for dancing in the metropolitan area. We wish you all the very best as we move into the fall and winter season, and it will be music to our ears, when we can again come together as a community of dancers to share the joy of music, dancing and friendship at our Happy Place!
Until then, take good care and we will keep you updated as plans progress.
Colvin Run Citizens Association
Board of Directors Dancers